Website Sponsors for Educational Opportunity
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) was founded in 1963 as one of the first non-profit mentoring organizations for students of color in New York City. In 1986, SEO created the law program to identify Black, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American incoming law students who are interested in a career in corporate law.
Reporting to the Director of the SEO Law Fellowship Program, the Associate Director will be responsible for supporting the Law Program and supporting the continued growth and expansion of the Law Program by nurturing SEO’s relationships with new and existing law firm partners.
The Associate Director will also be responsible for developing the content of the Law Institute (LI). LI is a two- week intensive law school preparatory program designed to help the SEO Law Fellows participating in the Law Program achieve academic success in law school by providing them with overviews of law school courses taught by law school professors from prestigious law schools, exam taking skills, professional development tips and more. In addition, the Associate Director will be responsible for managing other aspects of the Law Program, including creating and/or supporting other training and professional development programs for our Fellows and alumni, working with our Communications department to support the Law Program’s communications and marketing needs, working with our Recruiting department to support the Law Program’s recruiting efforts, and working with our Alumni department to support the Law Program’s continued outreach and support to our alumni.
- Support the Director in the recruiting, interviewing, selection, training and mentoring efforts of students in the Law Program.
- Support the Law Program’s relationships with new and existing law firm partners, including by serving as a contact for SEO law firm liaisons and assisting with partner firm meetings.
- Serve as a Staff Liaison for SEO Law Fellows.
- Assist the Director in developing the content and curriculum for the Law Institute, in collaboration with volunteers from partner law firms and law school professors.
- Coach SEO Law Fellows through their 1st year of law school to ensure they achieve grades deemed necessary to secure 1L and 2L internships at our partner firms.
- Create and manage other programs to support SEO Law Fellows and alumni.
- Work with Communications, Alumni and Recruiting departments to support the goals of the Law Program.
- Additional responsibilities related to the overall management and operation of the SEO Law Fellowship Program as needed, including staff supervision and other individual projects assigned by the Director.
- Be comfortable with heavy interaction with students, recruiting/diversity professionals at law firms, attorneys and law school professors.
- Attention to detail, good organizational and management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a law firm setting.
- Interest in recruiting, diversity management and/or professional development.
- Familiarity working with students of color.
- Interest in mentoring pre-law students.
- Public speaking skills.
- J.D. preferred.
- Flexibility to travel.
SEO offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience. A flexible work arrangement is possible. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
SEO is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org